Good video from Zune Thoughts.
One of the great features of the Zune is that it is the only Mp3/Media player that works with the Xbox 360. You can play any of your media on your Zune onto your TV or entertainment center through the Xbox 360. You will need a home network, the Zune Software on your computer an Xbox 360 and an Xbox Dashboard version 2.0.5766 or later.
On your computer
1. Plug in your Zune to your computer through the cable or Zune Dock
2. Once the Zune Software starts up on your computer click Settings, Software, and Sharing.
3. Click Enable media sharing with Xbox 360
4. Type your collection name, then click Set name
5. Choose Music, Video, or Pictures.
6. You have two options; Share with all available Xbox 360 systems or Share only with these Xbox 360 systems
On your Xbox:
1. Select Media
2. Select Music, Video, or Pictures.
3. Select Computer.
4. Select the item you want to view/listen to
One of the best new features that came along with the new Microsoft Zune firmware was the Wireless syncing capability. As long as you have a wireless network in your house you can sync to your computer and upload music, video, podcasts and other items you have scheduled to upload to your Zune from your PC. This allows Zune users to download media while they are at work and download your items as soon as you walk through the door without ever visiting you computer. Here is a short clip on the feature.
On 13 November, Microsoft will be their next generation Zune 4, 8 and 80. The great thing about these new Zunes means that the 1.3 million or so Zune 30 owners get a new Zune software or Firmware upgrade as well. If you upgrade your Zune 30 to the newest Zune Firmware on 13 November you will have the exact same software as the Zune 80s. Here is a simple tutorial on upgrading your Zune software/firmware on 13 November.
Upgrading your Zune Software/Firmware
1. Connect your sync cable to your Zune (or Zune Dock) and then to your computer USB port
2. On your computer, start your Zune software
3. On the Navigation pane right-click your device and click Check for Zune Device Updates.
4. Follow the instructions
Microsoft Zune users place a lot of media files on their Zune to include music, movies and TV shows. Here is a quick tutorial on using your Zune to connect to a television or stereo.
2. Once you have the Zune A/V output cable connect it to the A/V inputs on your TV or stereo. These are the white, red and yellow inputs and each cable matches the color.
3. Connect the single minijack connector to the headphone jack on your Zune device or the Zune Dock.
To watch Zune video and pictures on TV:
1. From the Zune start screen, select Settings then Display.
2. In the Display menu, select TV Out (off by default) and press OK.
That’s it! This is a great feature if you travel a lot like I do and want to watch your movies or shows on Hotel TVs or when you visit your friends and family.
Like this article? Subscribe to our RSS feed!
Turning off your Microsoft Zune properly will save precious battery life. I talked about this before, but he is a simple video. To turn off your Zune hold the left/back button and at the same push up on the navigation circle for 3 seconds or until the Zune shuts of. To turn your Zune back on push the Play Button. Thant’s it! Here is a Video of turning off your Microsoft Zune.
This is very simple, but restarting your Zune may fix many problems you may be having. To reboot you Microsoft Zune simply hold the left/back button and push up on the navigation circle. Hold that for a few seconds until the screen goes blank then let go. Your Microsoft Zune will reboot. If you are having major issues with your Zune this should be one of the first things to do. Here is a video showing these steps.